Would you like your poetry to appear in a beautiful book, specifically made to combine top-quality poetry and photography around the theme of baking? Such a book will be at home in any baker’s kitchen. What a perfect gift! Submit your poem below, and it may be selected for publication.
- Submissions open on 10 November 2018 and close on 31 November 2018.
- You may submit a maximum of three poems.
- Submissions must be around the theme of baking. (Savoury or sweet, preparation time or consumption, traditional or modern, from any cultural background, recipes in rhyme…anything to do with baking!).
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submission of any poetry is not a guarantee of publication or response.
- There is no limit to poem length. Long poems that are accepted may be published in part.
- The poem(s) need not rhyme nor be in formal metre, though they ought to have a sense of structure, order, or intentional departure from these.
- The poem(s) should be accessible, i.e. interesting for the reader. If your poem is about a personal experience, consider using different points-of-view or communicable senses to ensure that others can share in the poetry.
- By submitting a poem or poems, you declare that the work is entirely your own and you consent to the work being published without remuneration. This does not prohibit Starling Press from offering a reward for accepted submissions.
- For submissions that are accepted and published, poets will be credited according to the name accompanying the submission. Starling Press may query and ask for proof of names.
- Poems will remain the intellectual property of the poet, and you grant Starling Press non-exclusive, perpetual rights to modify and/or publish the submitted work. An example of respectful modification is the standardisation to American or British English, or amendment of line spacing and indentation. The intent is, however, to create a beautiful anthology of diverse contributions with minimal or no modifications.
- Starling Press is Joe Spring.
- You consent to being contacted by Starling Press for various purposes. We will not abuse this privilege and you may opt out of communications at any time.